As NE is one of the neighboring states, I though this might be of some
interest to MO birders. If it's not, please delete the message.

Ross Silcock, Tommie Rogers and I participated in two CBCs in western
Nebraska.

Here are some highlights that our group observed at these two counts.

Scottsbluff CBC (12/18/04):

Northern goshawk

Barrow's goldeneye

Wild turkey

Northern (red-shafted) flicker

White-breasted nuthatch

Red-breasted buthatch

Pygmy nuthatch

Brown creeper

Cedar waxwing

Bohemian waxwing

Townsend's solitaire

Pine siskin

Dark-eyed junco

            White-winged

            Pink-sided

            Oregon

            Slate-backed

Lapland longspur

Lake Maconaughy CBC (12/19/04):

Golden eagle

Ferruginous hawk

Ring-billed gull

Herring gull

Thayer's gull (2nd w)

Iceland gull (2nd w)

Glaucous gull (1st w)

California gull

White-winged scoter

Greater scoup

Lesser scoup, other divers

Ruddy duck

Common merganser

Red-breasted merganser

Virginia rail (4)

Northern (red-shafted and yellow-shafted) flickers

Black-billed magpie

Brown creeper

Cedar waxwing

Bohemian waxwing (66)

Townsend's solitaire

Pine siskin

Brewer's blackbird

We had a good time!

Now off to MN!

Merry Birding to everybody.

Peter Kondrashov, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, Department of Biology

Northwest Missouri State University

Phone: (660) 562-1604

Fax:(660) 562-1188