Since Scotte Schuette and Mike Grant have posted results from the
Pere Marquette CBC, I will add more.

Randy Korotev, Tom Parmeter, and I covered our usual territory
consisting mainly of Two Rivers NWR (Swan Lake unit) plus some
farming country to the south (all in Illinois). Passerines were
rather hard to come by, but waterfowl were great, with very large
numbers and good diversity on unfrozen parts of "middle Swan Lake."
As always, Mallards were most numerous, well up in five figures (but
which five is a pure guess). Next commonest was Ring-necked Duck, in
four figures (we guessed 6000). All told, we had 19 waterfowl
species; this included two Cackling (Richardson's) Geese seen well
and compared side by side with Mallards and with Canada Geese of
varying sizes.

Our only land birds that were even slightly unusual were a Winter
Wren and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. Day's total for the area, 65 species
(about average). Have  not heard any results from other groups
covering Gilbert Lake, Pere Marquette State Park, etc.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis