Ryan,
  You should know that the Wheeler Guide (at least the edition that I have) only has photographs. They're very good, but like the Audubon photo field guides, they can only go so far.  I'd take the Peterson's guide, with its drawings and little arrows, every time.

 The Peterson's guide also has supplemental photos in the back--many of which were taken by Brian Wheeler!  Since Mr. Wheeler is credited as an author on the Peterson's guide, I don't think there's much difference in the information presented in the two guides.

  Just my opinion,

Harley Winfrey
Clinton, KS