Mobirders:
Apologies for the tardy post. Just got settled in from a 3 day
birding quest. Good thing I can laugh at myself, because I
missed all the zooties...
12-08-04:
Golden Eagle-1 (adult) seen near the jct. of Hwy Z & Hwy ZZ
     southeast Henry County, near Truman Lake.
Struck out on the Black Legged Kittiwake at Bagnell Dam...
12-09-04:
Hawn State Park (Ste.Genevieve County):
     Hiked about 12 miles through the Shortleaf Pine habitat,
     including the 10-mile Whispering Pines trail. Cone crop
     appeared to be poor. No Crossbills or winter vagrants
     that I could find.
     Highlights:
Golden Crowned Kinglet-36
Brown Creeper-12
Hermit Thrush-3
No Pine Warblers, Red Breasted Nuthatch, or Pine Siskins.
12-10-04:
     Struck out on the California Gull at REDA...
     Black Scoter-2 (small consolation)
Of course, by the time I found out about the Black Chinned
Hummer in Farmington, I was heading home to Kansas City
and unable to chase it...
Sometimes you get the birds, sometimes the birds get you...
Doug Willis
Kansas City, MO