From: MO Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Edge Wade
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 9:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Pale Male

I've read many posts on this subject.  Nowhere have I seen a statement
of what prompted the building's cooperative board to make what they
surely knew would be a highly publicized controversial decision.

Has any attempt been made to address the "problem" the board perceived?

The removal of the pigeon spikes as well as the nest seems odd if they
are just wanting to rid the building of unwanted birds.

Something else is afoot here.  Perhaps the problem was not Pale Male and
Lola, themselves, but the virtually constant focus of binoculars, scopes
and cameras upon the building (and therefore, by perception, on the
non-avian residents).

It is quite possible that the decision to remove the nest is due to
birders, not the birds.

Perhaps once more, "We have met the enemy and they is us."

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO