An unintended continuous watch for the Busch Conservation Area Red
Crossbills at the Fallen Oak Trail took place this morning from 8:30 M -
1:00 PM with various birders manning different parts of the watch for 2-3
hrs apiece.   NO LUCK.  The birds just did not show through 1:00 pm or so.
A couple of later arriving birders were still on hand when we departed.

We did see Red-Breasted Nuthatches (2), a very noisy mini-flock of Carolina
Wrens (3), many Titmice, Chickadees and White-breasted Nuthatches all in the
Fallen Oak short path trail area.  Also one Sharp-shinned Hawk plus lots of
other usual suspects.

Down at the Katy Trail boat launch area we searched for the Merlin to no
avail.  However, we were treated to an aerial dogfight between one female
Harrier and a mob of Crows.   The fight went both ways with each adversary
taking turns at attacking before it ended in a no-winner standoff.   Another
sight in this area was a huge flock of Cowbirds, Starlings and a few
Red-Winged Blackbirds.

John Solodar