Mobirders,
Birders from St.Louis Audubon and from Columbia MO, gathered at REDA today to enjoy the brisk weather, especially the refreshing breeze.  Knowledge of the Black-chinned hummer, only 1.5 hours south, sowed the seeds of rebellion, and when the resolute leaders yielded to the mutinous hoards, the walk was moved to Farmington, where all the travelers enjoyed good looks at the  BCHU.
We returned to REDA around 3:30 (finally touching base with the lost cadre of 2 Columbia cars) in a futile attempt to find the California Gull.  We had only thayer's and bonaparte's for our efforts.  Those who stayed to the end were able to view the Tundra Swan in Heron Pond.
Rumors that one of the leaders abandoned his post were completely wrong!

WGNSS at REDA, 8 a.m., Sunday.

Good birding
David Rogles
St. Charles County

Heard that Bill Rowe and Randy Korotev had a Northern Goshawk along Island Road/Powers Road, near MTC.  Don't know any more details (time of day, age of bird, etc.)