I just got off the phone with Bob Lewis. Lanny Chambers banded the
hummingbird in Farmington today, and measurements and plumage confirmed it
is an immature female BLACK-CHINNED HUMMINGBIRD, which would be a Missouri
first. Bob is having email trouble, and asked me to post this.

The bird is at the Don Asher residence in Farmington. The phone number is
573-756-9139 (Bob Lewis can be reached at 573-756-5484). The bird is coming
to the feeder about every 20 minutes.

Directions:

Go south on Highway 67 from St. Louis, and take the first Farmington exit.
At the fourth light (North Washington), turn right. Proceed south until
just past the courthouse, and turn left on East Columbia. The first stop
sign is at South Henry. Turn right. Proceed about 1 mile to old
Fredricktown Road, and turn onto it. In about 1/2 mile is Hawthorn. Turn
left. The Asher residence, 109 Hawthorn, is the third house on the left.

Good luck. I can't be up there until Sunday, but I'll give it a try.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau