It would probably be in various passages in "The Idea of a Christian Society" and "Notes towards a Definition of Culture," combined as "Christianity and Culture."
Nancy

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/22/04 11:02 AM >>>
I am looking for the passage where Eliot says
something like in a healthy cultural environment a
major poet would have something in common and to
communicate to all levels of people who share that
culture, irrespective of whether they have the
capacity to read or not.  I would greatly appreciate
if anyone could let me know the exact quote and where
it is from.  Thank you.

- vishvesh