J Pollard wrote:

>      I delurk to ask if anyone might have a contact or a resource which
> would help me to locate a vhs or dvd of the Shaw / Warner collaboration of
> _The Waste Land_.

This was a real challenge!  MUCH harder than it would first appear as
I couldn't find the right information from Google (no links or names
of places from which to buy the DVD, just that a DVD was made.)
Eventually I found pages that had the name "John Wyver" as the
producer.  Upon entering his name and "productions" into Google the
first page listed in the search results had the name of his company
listed, Illuminations.  Going to www.illuminations.co.uk on a hunch
caused a redirect to a fireworks company.  So it was back to Google
with "illuminations production bbc" and that brought up an "about us"
page at the http://www.illumin.co.uk/ website.  Illuminations has a
heavily framed site and some browsing was required but I found that
they were indeed the producers of "The Waste Land" performed by Fiona
Shaw and directed by Deborah Warner.  The work was not listed on the
page of available DVDs.  For ordering the DVDs that they do sell they
say you can contact Louise Machin ([log in to unmask]) or phone 020
7288 8409.  Give her a ring and report back please; I just got a DVD
player and I would like to see the production.

Regards,
    Rick Parker