From: Vishvesh Obla
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 2004-Dec-23 5:54 AM
Subject: Re: (OT) Internet : an overkill ?

Peter,

Since writing has come to stay, I think it is better
to focus on it regardless of whatever its real value
is.  If I made a point that a villager in rural India,
who has never even seen a school fares much better in
his understanding of life through his daily
interaction with the land and its fruits than a
university professor who has toiled all his life
through books, I wouldn't be blabbering, for 'Life' is
a complex affair and our perception of it could have
various modes.  If Wordsworth didn't care to look
beyond his conviction that 'The child is the father of
man...', we wouldn't be knowing him today.  I am not
trying here to make a point that writing is the
pinnacle of intelligence.  I don't think anyone who
has had any real education would say so either. But
since we have all come to look at it as the primary
mode of expression, I think it is good to see what
affects it.