From: MO Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
David Easterla
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 7:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Black-legged Kittiwake

On Sunday morning (November 28) the immature Black-legged Kittiwake was
still present below Bagnell Dam. I was joined by Joey Eades for excellent
views of the bird (his 300th 2004 Missouri species). The Kittiwake was
feeding on stunned/dead Gizzard Shad below the Bagnell Dam gate outlet (East
side). Presently, Union Electric is lowering the lake. The Kittiwake was
feeding with about 1,500-2,000 gulls- the majority being Bonaparte's Gulls
plus Ring-billed Gulls. I note from Kristi's posting that someone had the
Kittiwake at 4:00 P.M., Monday, November 29, but I did not see a specific
posting on MOBIRDS, so no more particulars. It would be nice for birders to
specifically post on MOBIRDS when they see this bird, so it's duration of
residency at Bagnell Dam would be known.

David Easterla