In a message dated 11/3/2004 9:54:26 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
I hope as Tom asked, that Gunnar withdraws his hateful term for Polish
people, and I hope Kate will withdraw her hateful and frankly silly
terms for Teresa Kerry.  I wish to assure European people that we are
not all shamefully jingoistic.
My remarks about Teresa Kerry were not hateful and not even my perception of her, but, unfortunately, it is the perception of some of my acquaintance.  My husband likes her very much and I don't have anything against her, though I think her speech at the convention was too high-toned and too long.  That is great news about Maine.  Also, New Hampshire this time went Democrat.  There is some good news, but unfortunately, mostly bad news.  Again, we lost the Presidency and we lost at least two seats in the Senate and House seats, as well.  Unfortunately, New England, the West Coast states and the northern Mid-Atlantic states aren't enough, to elect a President or take control of the Senate.  Democrats must make progress in other parts of the country.  In my opinion, the South has gone hopelessly Republican.  Therefore, the Democrats should concentrate on particularly western states and introduce candidates who fit the sensibilities of that area, candidates who are more conservative than those in New England and California, as the Republicans do when running in more liberal states, i.e., the Governor of California.