New England has an overabudance of colleges.  It is the high tech center of the country.  California and NY are the movie, music and art centers.  All I meant was that people in these states tend to pursue intellectual and artistic pursuits in greater numbers than those in other states, and are exposed to ideas different those those of their parents or those expressed on tv.

In a message dated 11/4/2004 9:21:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
I guess what I'm curious about, Kate, is this: just which are the "uneducated" states? The ones with smaller cities?

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/03/04 04:03PM >>>
In a message dated 11/3/2004 1:40:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]