Maybe the Criterion, January 1930.  Also, in "The Perfect Critic" he says similar things and talks at length about Symonds.
Nancy

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/22/04 12:53 AM >>>
Anyone know the source of this excerpt?

"I myself owe Mr Symons a great debt; but for having read his
 book I should not, in the year 1908, have heard of Laforgue or
 Rimbaud; I should probably not have begun to read Verlaine;
 and but for reading Verlaine, I should not have heard of
 Corbière. So the Symons book is one of those which have
 affected the course of my life." - T.S.Eliot