From: Timothy Materer
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 2004-Nov-11 10:18 AM
Subject: Order of Caritas

In an essay writen by the polish poet Adam Zagajewski I found this
mention of TS: "Eliot's late directives advising poets to subject
themselves to an impersonal discipline and to enroll in the ranks of a
higher spiritual order, the order of caritas,..."
It is very important for me to find the text where TS Eliot spoke about
this "order of caritas" because till this day I was sure that this order
and its relation to poets and poetry was an invention of JosÚ Lezama
Lima, the great cuban poet.
┐Can you help me?
Thank you very much.

Ignacio Balcells