Forgive me, but I was hoping for a little more specificity.  Googling did me little good, suggesting that something other than what the search engine regards as "elections" determined the extent and duration of the Chairman's power.  But then, anyone who reads the paper knows those Google folks are capitalists, so perhaps they have biased the result to The Great Man's detriment.

Tom K