In a message dated 11/3/2004 9:54:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
I hope as Tom asked, that Gunnar withdraws his hateful term for Polish
people, and I hope Kate will withdraw her hateful and frankly silly
terms for Teresa Kerry.  I wish to assure European people that we are
not all shamefully jingoistic.
My remarks about Teresa Kerry were not hateful and not even my perception of
her, but, unfortunately, it is the perception of some of my acquaintance.  My
husband likes her very much and I don't have anything against her, though I
think her speech at the convention was too high-toned and too long.  That is
great news about Maine.  Also, New Hampshire this time went Democrat.  There is
some good news, but unfortunately, mostly bad news.  Again, we lost the
Presidency and we lost at least two seats in the Senate and House seats, as well.
Unfortunately, New England, the West Coast states and the northern Mid-Atlantic
states aren't enough, to elect a President or take control of the Senate.
Democrats must make progress in other parts of the country.  In my opinion, the
South has gone hopelessly Republican.  Therefore, the Democrats should
concentrate on particularly western states and introduce candidates who fit the
sensibilities of that area, candidates who are more conservative than those in New
England and California, as the Republicans do when running in more liberal
states, i.e., the Governor of California.