I have a lot of faith in the survival of Eliot criticism. It's source is
powerful, and as long as
academia needs to go back to deep wells, that crit will survive.

The more debatable question is the popularity of the literature.
I wonder what would happen if the hip-hoppers got ahold of Sweeney.

BTW, anyone watching _Joan of Arcadia_? The non-moralistic moral themes
of Eliot are
there, not that they were taken from Eliot. They just match. The
consequences of choices.
The presence of God in the ordinary.

P.