1999 was 5 years ago, and that is a long time in critical work.  Eliot
is a constant now at Modernist conference sessions; the Sept/Oct issue
of "Modernism/Modernity" is about to come out and is a special issue on
Eliot (or else the next one will be), and Cassandra Laity's and my book
is now out from Cambridge:  _T. S. Eliot and Gender, Desire, and
Sexuality_.  There has been a kind of major renewal of interest.  And
before anyone misreads our title, it brings together senior Eliot
scholars like Jewel Brooker and Charlie Altieri with younger ones like
Peter Middleton and Tim Dean to rethink the Eliot legacy from a
different perspective than either adulation or dismissal.  Ozick's view
is not at all the widespread view that it had come to be at the end of
the 90s.

Our book is in bookstores in Britain but not yet in the US.  You can see
the blurb at Amazon.com though.  And Cassandra's brilliant introduction
is practically an introduction to new modernism as well as a total
review of the last decades of Eliot criticism.
Nancy