from: http://www.hanknuwer.com/ezra.html

In 1919 Pound departed the Little Review, but the urge to edit remained. In
1921 and 1922, Pound performed what he called his "Caesarean Operation" on
friend T.S. Eliot's The Waste Land. Pound's influence upon Eliot has
inspired numerous critical studies. Suffice to note here that Eliot
enthusiastically adopted Pound's editorial changes in The Waste Land
manuscript and dedicated that most influential poem to his mentor/editor.
Eliot said that Pound not only helped him improve his "verse sense," but
influenced him in subtle ways. "I have in recent years cursed Mr. Pound
often enough; for I am never sure that I can call my verse my own; just when
I am most pleased with myself, I find that I have caught up some echo from a
verse of Mr. Pound's" admitted Eliot.