Marcia Karp wrote:

> This is in response to Will's post about his friend who was unhappy
> being approached on the street by those wishing to "save her," as I
> think the phrase goes.  Will told her and us that proselytizing showed
> love.

Sometimes it does -- or at least honest motives. At the end of my last
semester of teaching, a student in one of my classes stopped me on the
way out of the building to give me a present, which turned out to be a
bible and a biblical commentary. This was not the first time that I had
had a student who liked my class very much but was sad that I was going
to hell! She was the first one, however, that had gone to the extent of
spending money to try to save me.

Carrol