From: "Debra San" <[log in to unmask]>
> Ought I conclude that when people of faith are arguing with
> rationalists, they dismiss empirical evidence as irrelevant, but when
> they are affirming their faith, they call empirical evidence into
> service?
You could also conclude that when people of faith are arguing (!) with
rationalists,
that the rationalists dsmiss the interpretation of the evidence, which the
people
of faith don't accept, so there is genuine disagreement, whereas when they
are affirming
their faith, they find empirical evidece as coincidental confirmation of
what is
subjevtive awareness, that nonetheless does not need that confirmation.

At this point it would be relevant to read ASH WEDNESDAY and
JOURNEY OF THE MAGI, with the voices in their ears saying that this is all
folly.

P.