Peter Montgomery wrote:

> Walled Street  Urnal:

A distinction is necessary. If one ignores the editorial and op-ed
pages, the WSJ is one of the world's most trustworthy newspapers. But if
it appeared on the editorial page that my name was Carrol Cox, I would
want to check the validity of my birth certificate! This division is
reflected even  in the personal relationships in the Journal. The ed
page staff has there own corner, they never talk to the news staff, the
news staff never talks to them.

Once years ago there was an editorial on El Salvador the same day there
was a news story on it on the International page. The two pieces were
utterly incompatible in  their elementary facts.

Carrol