Dear Will,
    I am aware of what you say, but I meant to point out that both you
and George, by turning the Hebrew Bible into a Christian one as if that
were its origin), were exhibiting a species of supersession: the
Christian reading of the Hebrew Bible replaces that of the Jews'.  To
ignore Judaism and claim its sacred document as Christian, rather than
to acknowledge the relationship of Christianity to Judaism, is not the
same as typological claims.  The latter occurs within the thought of the
religion; the former is in the realm of a world where accuracy, at a
minimum, and a willingly to acknowledge others when pertinent, one would
hope, are necessary if the tenants of the religion aren't to trump
secular conversation.
    It may be you and George see the Hebrew Bible as Christian, I want
to make clear how I read the messages I cited.

Best,
Marcia