William Gray wrote:

> I don't know a lot about Islam, but that sounds like a fair call -- Mohammed would seem to be the center. Right? Is this controversial?

Mohammed is not an element in Islamic belief. There is no God but God,
and Mohammed is his prophet. There is not even a distant analogy between
the Prophet of God and the Son of God. It was this rigorous monotheism &
its rejection of incarnation that got Charles Williams's knickers in a
twist. From an external perspective Christianity is a polytheism. (It's
been so long now that I don't even remember the title of the long poem
in which c. Williams imaged Islam as algebra & Christianity as
trigonometry.)

Carrol