I am sorry if I have been making too many 'OT'
postings, but this will be my last.  I am very much
curious to know the origins attributed to Western
Civilization.  I am told that the school books would
ascribe it as back as the Sumerian, Akkadian and the
Egyptian, but what I have read points only as far as
the Greek, if not the later Christian origins.  An
Irish friend, for that matter, would never imagine
herself to think of the Celts as her ancestors. (That
the Greek would have influences of the earlier
civilizations is possible, but I haven’t observed it
conspicuous in what I have read).  Would someone throw
light on it, Please?

Thank You.

- vishvesh