"One can discuss religion
intelligently
and meaniingfully very easily, on this site or any.
The problem comes
when
one violates respect by trying to proselytise, or even
playing
one-up-man-ship."

While 'discussion' of religion itself could create a
difference as that, what impact would it have when it
is practised?  I think it is a shame to man's
integrity itself, to impose a personal belief, based
on a personal faith, without having any 'respect' for
a fellow human being (or a 'Pagan' and a 'Kafir' for
that matter).

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Announcement/petition.htm