One function of DNA is to provide the heritable basis
for biological entities. It would be difficult to
consider words doing the same thing. It is a common
observation in popular books on language that children
exposed only to a pigdin will construct (collectively?
) a full language from it. It would seem from this
that language is not learned from listening to the
words but is inherent in the human brain.

The heritable basis for language lies in the heritable
basis for brain strcuutre. The DNA of language is DNA.