Yes, well, time being what it was, I simply
went straight to the significant details,
assuming that most others would understand
that I was speaking of the spiritual, not the
political creation of the church. Henry VIII
didn't add a fart to the context of the faith
his defense of the sacraments not withstanding.

I was however trying to reflect what Eliot was
saying. If you choose to quibble, since you present
yourself as the perennial quibbler, then perhaps
you would like to take up the following points
with Eliot himself:

"The Church of England is the creation not of the reign
 of Henry VIII or of the reign of Edward VI, but of the
 reign of Elizabeth."

E. then goes on to establish how that reign's style of
"the via media" influenced the development of said church.
He then goes on to say:

"The intellectiuqal achievement and prose style of Hooker
and Andrewes came to complete the structure of the English church....".

So my memory was a bit off, and my time was limited,
hence the spelling booboos. If I were always so careless,
you might have cause to complain.

You better not let me catch you.

P.