At 01:27 PM 11/4/2004 -0500, George Carless wrote:

   World views, especially absolutist
>world views, are dangerous things, and the Christian has no more a
>claim on the "right" world view than does anybody else.

   That could be debated, but what can't be debated is that it is a
statement of faith expressed in absolute terms, not a matter of "empirical
evidence." What the anti-religionist usually fails to see is the element of
faith in his or her own position.

>Of
>course, religion being what it is, the mere possession of "faith"
>lends the believer the absolute certainty that their view is the
>right one, so it doesn't matter to them whether other people might
>believe differently--they are on the side of God.  Do you not see
>why this is a worrying thing?

    I do. It is indeed worrying, from you as much as from anyone. It seems
to go with the territory.

  Ken A