> The idea of eschewing wealth is not universal in
> Christianity. In particular, it is not universally
> accepted in Protestantism or the faith of the Church
> of England, which Elliot took up. There is a strong
> millenarian tendency in Anglicanism. Followers believe
> that by supporting their families and creating a more
> prosperous world, they are doing God?s work and loving
> their neighbour. In doing so, they are creating God?s
> kingdom in this world.

And the whole 'camel through the eye of the needle' stuff
refers to a certain gate in Jerualem, of course.  *cough*.

I like to think that there *will* be a second coming of
Christ, just so that all of the supposed 'Christians' will get
their just deserts...

--George

"What does it take to make our world come alive?
What does it take to make us sing?"