On Saturday morning Tom Bormann and I observed at least fifteen Great-tailed Grackles at the horse barn on Missouri Bottom Road just north of Interstate 370 in St. Louis County. There were at least four males. Great-tailed Grackles were first reported here by Bill Rowe and Tom Parmeter on a CBC in 2001. I have visited this area a few times this past summer, but could not find these birds, yet they have appeared here in the fall and winter for the past three years.
Connie Alwood