MOBIRDS,

While cruising down IH 70 about 7 miles west of Kingdom City (Callaway Co.)
I noticed a field on the north side of the highway with quite a few
Swainson's Hawks sitting on the ground.  I counted about 10 as I glanced
over but would guess there were quite a few more than that, maybe dozens,
which seems like a pretty good number this late.  Interestingly one bird
appeared to have a dark belly contrasting with a light breast very much like
a juvenile/female Rough-legged Hawk and quite unlike a juvenile Swainson's.
I've never seen the two in mixed company, I've never seen a Rough-legged sit
on the ground like that, and its a bit early for Rough-legged, so I'll chalk
it up to highway blur for now.

Cheers,
Chris

Christopher L. Merkord