This morning, 10/25/04, there was a female American Wigeon in the river
on the east side of Forest Park (Saint Louis) near the skating rink.

Also along the river were RC Kinglet, Song, Field, and WT Sparrows, and
RW Blackbirds.  I heard the Kingfisher but didn't see it. Also heard a
towhee.

Many thanks to Charlene for forwarding Frank's post about the stilt.  It
was still at the old golf course when I got there around 12:30.  Life
bird for me!

On Saturday, the 23rd, I walked the path near Deer Lake in Forest Park.
At the entrance just across the road from the end of the Muny parking
lot it was very birdy:

OC Warbler
YR Warbler
RC Kinglet
Swamp Sparrow
Lincoln's Sparrow
WT Sparrow
Field Sparrow
Chipping Sparrow
Carolina Wren
Winter Wren
American Goldfinch
Eastern Phoebe
Cooper's Hawk
Wood Duck

In the brushy area on the slope at the intersection of Wells and
Jefferson and close by:

WC, Chipping, Field, WT, Song Sparrow, and Junco
Chickadee
Belted Kingfisher
Indigo Buntings
OC Warbler
YR Warbler
Eastern Towhee
RC Kinglet
E. Phoebe

On Friday afternoon I made a quick stop by Lafayette Park where I
watched an imm. Cooper's Hawk make an unsuccessful attempt to snatch a
bird from a mixed flock of WC, WT, Chipping, Field Sparrows.

Sherry McCowan
St. Louis, Missouri