In addition to the Savannah, Vesper, Dark-eyed Junco, White-crowned,
White-throated, Fox, Swamp and Song Sparrows today around Lake Contrary, I added the
first of the season American Tree Sparrows.

Also on Lake Contrary, in addition to the three Pied-billed Grebes, I saw one
Horned Grebe and one Eared Grebe. Several dabbling ducks were on the lake,
but no diving ducks were observed. I did hear some Greater White-fronted Geese,
but did not see them.

The blackbirds are flocking. I observed one flock of @400 Brown-headed
Cowbirds.

Larry Lade