This morning, flocks of birds seemed to be moving through the golf course --
starting with Cedar Waxwings stripping three trees of their berries, as I
parked my car.  Flickers seemed to be everywhere, as were RB Woodpeckers.
Newly arrived Canada Geese were bathing ferociously in the pond in front of
#6 green -- some even submerging completely under water.

This afternoon, I drove through Eagle Bluffs CA.  Lots of water -- looking
good for waterfowl, but so far only the coots, a few ducks, and 6
Pied-billed Grebes have arrived.  Mudflats are still present in Pool 9 -
Great Egrets, Gr. and Le. Yellowlegs, Killdeer and a few Least Sandpipers
were present.  A large sandbar is present on the Missouri River, viewed from
the northmost levee -- no shorebirds were visible but there were several
picnic-ers on the sandbar.

Rode my bike to Wetland Unit #2 - lots of blackbirds and one spectacular
male Wood Duck.  The only open water is in the last cell.  This unit seems
really choked with weeds/grasses as opposed to cattails.

Then rode to Wetland Unit #1 -- wished I had started there!  Extensive
mudflats in the first cell (from the McBaine side).  Estimate 100+
shorebirds including Killdeer, Pectorals, Least, and Snipe.  That is all I
could ID with binocs, and it grew too late for me to go back for my scope!
Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO