On lunch hour birding I had a Red-breasted Nuthatch at the Walter Woods CA,
Newton Co., sw MO.  It was very vocal and I heard it, of course, before I
observed it.  Took me till 10-5-04 this fall to see one, although I have
been out a couple of times on my lunch hours to look for one.  It had a very
dark, almost black cap, but a very pale reddish brown breast and belly.  So,
not sure if it's a boy or a girl.  Oh good, that's my excuse to read about
Red-breasted's.
No warblers at all were observed in the 45 minute time frame
unfortunately...
Good birding,  Larry H.  Joplin, Jasper Co. MO.