From: MO Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Mike Brady
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 7:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: good reasons to buy DUCK STAMPS

   You certainly dont need to be a hunter to buy Duck Stamps.Although
usually
associated with duck hunters birders  have a very good reason to buy Duck
Stamps.
 The US Fish and Wildlifes Federal Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp
program,aka as Duck Stamps, has been widely recognized as one of the most
successful
conservation progams ever created benefitting ALL forms of migratory birds.
  Something like 95 to 98 cents out of every dollar generated goes to the
purchase and protection of wetlands!
  You can get them at your local Post Office.
   Sure its a blatant plug for duck stamps but it also a cheap and EXTREMELY
good way to benefit birds and enable Missouri Birders to continue seeing
great
shorebirds or such things as a white-faced ibis at Squaw Creek,Swan
Lake,Mingo etc... NWR!
 -Mike Brady