Today I went to Long Branch Lake at sunrise and again at 10:30am. At sunrise
I thought I saw some grebes on the lake, but they were too far out for me to
tell, and every other bird seemed to be flying south. At 10:30am I saw
nothing but crows and ring-billed gulls.

At Thomas Hill Reservoir we got to Gull Point and saw many pelicans, turkey
vultures, and ring-billed gulls. There were also 3 horned grebes, an osprey,
and a pair of pied-billed grebes. On the way in we saw a juvenile red-tailed
hawk and a loggerhead shrike on a telephone wire. Red-headed woodpeckers
also seemed to be everywhere on that road.

Swan Lake didn't have too much. 1000s of grackles, a savannah sparrow, some
red-winged blackbirds, a few kestrels, a couple hawks that didn't want to be
identified, and blue-winged teals were all we saw.

Ryan Douglas
Kirksville, MO