Will, I think my subject lines are pretty obvious, and I can't add the OT now, for that may upset the Karma of the Red Sox Nation.  Since the Sox have won it all thus far, we are not changing anything we do regarding them.  I am not a superstitions person at all normally, but the Red Sox have not won the World Series since 1918, and so I will go along with it all.  As for Carrol's comment, I have to say that as far as this List is concerned, I love poetry and I love the Red Sox.  Many poets have loved Baseball, such as Marianne Moore; they have seen the mythical in it.  Anyone here see Field of Dreams? In any case, if I choose to quote Eliot, my way of giving luck to this silly team, then why should it annoy anybody.  Why should anybody here be annoyed at reading verses from Four Quartets.  For those who for some reason are annoyed, the last possible game will take place on October 31st, but hopefully, it will all be over long before that.

Regards,

Kate

In a message dated 10/26/2004 9:31:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
William Gray wrote:

> Kate,
>     Would you do us the courtesy of marking these posts "Off-Topic" in the subject line? Thanks!

Be thankful when she sticks to topics less hair-raising that her
frequent orgies of jingoism. :-)

Carrol