Yes, I think people are just taking a break. We need some good discussion topics to get things revived again. It seems like we've gone for several months without engaging Eliot or his works in a significant way. There are some interesting tidbits here and there, but no meaty discussions.

I have no idea if this is a topic anyone is interested in, but I have been doing some initial research on the "Death by Water" section of TWL. Would anyone care to talk about this section as it was in the manuscripts? This was the section that Pound cut back the most, and I often wonder what the poem would have been like with the entire section intact. Any takers?

Cheers,
Will

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/19/04 11:58AM >>>
Is the list still operational?