More power to Joshua Goldstein.

Jacek Niecko

Washington DC

  _____

From: T. S. Eliot Discussion forum. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Joshua Goldstein
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 12:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: What the Thunder Said

Ms. Troy,

I know that I wouldn't be writing this if I was not a Yankee fan, but maybe
you should leave your baseball comments out of this list, which is for
furthering the scholarship about the life and work of T.S. Eliot.  It is
awful and childish of you to try to connect the Red Sox and the greatest
poem ever written; it is disrespectful to a man that had the genius and guts
to write it.  You may not think your comments are offensive, but they are.
You minimalize this poem with your convenient and false associations between
Eliot and a baseball team.  Eliot and poetry surpass any kind of correlation
that you like to make.  So please, no more unscholarly and simple e-mails
that have nothing to do with T.S. Eliot.

Joshua Goldstein

Kate Troy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Good luck, once again, to our precious, idiot boys of Autumn.

What is that sound high in the air
Murmur of maternal lamentation
Who are those hooded hordes swarming
Over endless plains, stumbling in cracked earth
Ringed by the flat horizon only
What is the city over the mountains
Cracks and reforms and bursts in the violet air
Falling towers
Jerusalem Athens Alexandria
Vienna London
Unreal