Jennifer Formichelli wrote:

> Second, the Sibyl a sister to Tiresias (actually, she is a lot more
> like Tithonus)? Hmm. Perhaps there is some resonance between them,
> though we should keep in mind that the Sibyl does not appear in the
> poem, but rather outside of it, in the epigraph (at once a part of the
> poem and apart from it).

Pat Sloane, the late TSE list member, suggested a different idea:

    To make sense out of The Waste Land, we may need to assume that the
    Sibyl of Cumae appears in the poem as a series of male and female
    characters, the ones that possess Greek names-and ambiguous gender.

http://web.missouri.edu/~tselist/sloane12.html

Regards,
    Rick Parker