Greg, we are all indebted to you. --  Jim

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Greg Foster [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
        Sent: Sat 30-Oct-04 6:58 PM
        To: [log in to unmask]
        Subject: Revision of Eliot online concordance

        This is your absentee listowner. :) TSEBase, my online concordance to
        Eliot's Collected Poems 1909-1962, has been substantially revised and, I
        hope, improved. The impetus for this was a joint project with John N. Serio
        of the Wallace Stevens Society to provide a Stevens concordance for their
        website, wallacestevens.com. The much greater volume of the Stevens canon
        demanded that I provide some faster and better search algorithms and
        options, which I have applied to the Eliot concordance as well. Both
        concordances are now in place, though I know of at least two relatively
        small problems that remain to be resolved before I will be happy with the
        Stevens one, and more may well turn up. I would be very grateful for
        suggestions for improvements to either, including notes about the errors I
        have inevitably overlooked.

        The URL of the new Eliot concordance is
        http://www.missouri.edu/~tselist/TSEBase/TSEBase.cgi

        The old URL will still work, though it will give you a note about updating
        links and will forward all search queries to the new one.

        That the TSE list website as a whole is now a strange mix of obsolete and
        current material I am only too well aware. Suggestions for revisions to the
        site are also welcome, though the delay between suggestion and action is
        likely to be longer due to limited time. First on my personal list would be
        the conversion of the list archives from the foundation of the list in
        1995--yes, they do exist--to make them web-accessible through the list
        software now used on the MU server, but negotiations with the local
        administrators about this have so far produced indefinite delay.

        Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions--

        Greg

        Greg Foster
        Writer
        Founder and co-Listowner, TSE

        "High art is the refinement, not the antithesis, of popular art." --T. S.
        Eliot