Interesting. And does it cause breakdown as do viruses?
P.

-----Original Message-----
From: Francis Gavin
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 2004-Oct-27 5:22 PM
Subject: Re: A novel?; a reply to Francis ; was , Re: Tarot and Huxley

Because it moves and evolves and nests itself within the host objects of
culture and media like a virus. Because it starts with its own context
and eventually merges and recontextualizes. Because it continues to
exist in new tongues long after the speech in which it originated has
died yet the individual words continue to live and often go on to mean
something else.

Watch a new word or phrase grow and spread inside a culture. Some come
and go like a brief flareup, some mature and survive. Some lie dormant
for a long time within the nerves of our communications systems,
opportunistically waiting for a fresh outbreak.