Kate Troy wrote:

> Am I also correct, Rickard, in assuming that you are embarrassed to
> admit to the List that you are a member of the Red Sox Nation.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light;
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout,
But there is no joy in Mudville: Mighty Kate T. has struck out.

                            Apologies to Ernest Lawrence Thayer

> Or maybe you are not a member of such a Nation.

I'm not a baseball fan, Kate.

Regards,
    Rick Parker

Trivia:

Ernest Lawrence Thayer was an uncle to Scofield Thayer, publisher
of The Dial and The Waste Land.

http://webtext.library.yale.edu/xml2html/beinecke.DIAL.con.html

    Scofield Thayer (1889-1982)

    Scofield Thayer was born on December 12, 1889 in Worcester,
    Massachusetts, the only child of Edward D. Thayer and Florence
    Scofield Thayer. Edward Thayer was the owner of several Massachusetts
    woolen mills, a founding investor in the Crompton and Thayer Loom
    Co. and a director of the Worcester Trust Company. The Thayers were a
    locally prominent family; Florence S. Thayer was known in the
    Worcester area as a hostess, while Edward's brother Ernest Thayer was
    the author of the well-known poem "Casey at the Bat."