In Thursday's Saint Louis Post-Dispatch there was an article about the
possibility of using Horseshoe Lake in Madison County, Illinois, as an
agricultural theme park.  I missed it on Thursday, but a letter in
today's PD referred to the article.  The link is impossibly long, but
if you go to www.stltoday.com and search for "horseshoe lake" you'll
get to the article.

On another topic, it's not nearly as exciting a sighting as that of the
Black Skimmer, but I did have an empid in my tiny city backyard this
afternoon.