There were a few migrants to be seen this morning at Watkins Mill SP.
The surprise of the day was a Broad-winged Hawk roosting near the main
road through the park as I drove in before sunrise.

Warblers included (not what I was hoping for):

Nashville - 10+
Orange-crowned - 1
Wilson's - 1
No Parula - 2

Also YB Cuckoos (2), numerous Gray Catbirds and Brown Thrashers, a
Red-eyed Vireo, one singing Yellow-throated Vireo, one Rose-breasted
Grosbeak, and a few Indigo Buntings.

Cedar Waxwings and Red-headed Woodpeckers, which were virtually absent
in the park last year during the drought, are back in force.

Some sort of work is being done on the dam right now, so the lake is
being drained. Throughout the week I've had small numbers of shorebirds
on the exposed mud, including Wilson's Snipe, Solitary Sandpiper, Stilt
Sandpiper, Lesser Yellowlegs, and Spotted Sandpiper.

Kristi Mayo
Kearney, MO (Clay Co.)