MObirders,

Yesterday morning, Courtney Kerns and I hiked around the Pines Ridge Campground east of Ashland in the Daniel Boone National Forest. We saw several flocks (5-10) consisting between 2-6 individuals of red-breasted nuthatches foraging among the pines. Seems rather early to have so many red-breasted nuthatches here. Just curious if any one else has observed this species yet, and in so many numbers. We also observed Nashville warblers and a single yellow-billed cuckoo.

Wes Bailey
Columbia, MO